Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Rooted Mobility

I long to be so ready to respond to the movement of the Spirit that I can feel immediately when He is near, whispering my name to draw me close for receiving all I need in Him, or for summoning me to one of the works He has prepared for me to have a part in. 

It is far easier to be ready if I have set my mind on Him for the day, if I have allowed myself to be unwrapped from the heavy drapings of the cares of the world by soaking in His word and truth and being reminded of His love and His power and His purposes.  It is also beneficial if I haven’t succumbed to the tyranny of the urgent and all that would nip for my focus.

There are many gifts that He brings our way for our blessing and enjoyment.  I am not suggesting we need to create a desert for our lives to be in His will.  But I have found that being ready requires a continual stripping down of all the things that would try to grab my heart and entice me to fill the gaps in my life my way and hold those things out to Him, yielded.  The temptations are vast.  I must lean in to really trust that He will meet me in the needs and longings and sorrows.  I must believe for the unfolding of His best in and through my life as I give Him all the room to guide it for His purposes. 

It is in the waiting and yielding of heart, mind, and will that the seeds of joy are sown.  It is in the trusting, when timing and circumstances don’t go as I would choose, that tiny plants of faith are grown. It is in the resisting of anything but what He says is good for the season I am in that strong oaks and fruit-laden trees will be formed, because they have been planted close to the living waters of His promises, nourished there as I can discover  His daily provision. 


As I end this year with many dreams not yet achieved and some hopes not yet received, I know this is the best life I can live.  It isn’t about my immediate happiness or accomplishments.  It is about all the desires that He has for my heart and life and is utterly faithful to produce if I will live a trusting life, if I believe He is profoundly good.  

No comments: