Thursday, June 2, 2016

Unexpected Sums

I have a life where the total just doesn’t add up.  

I am aware this morning that even though mistakes and challenges of numerous kinds have occurred, the toll isn’t what it should have been.   What has tipped the scales is the presence of a God who has promised to care for me and who calls me by name.  It isn’t that there haven’t been ramifications of my choices and the choices of others, but that all of those things seem to become precious ingredients in His hands as I trust Him.  I am not suggesting carelessness on our part because He will magically come in and fix everything, but as we crawl, limp, hobble, walk or run through life, giving Him room and permission to have at us will somehow work our circumstances for good.

I don’t know how He does it, but I have seen over and over again that good things rise up where they would never be expected.  It doesn’t mean that it is easy.  It just means that if you trust Him, fruit will always be born.

Photo from morguefile.com by lunar

No comments: