Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Invited. Belonging. Secure.


I honestly don’t know how to do life.  I find it incredibly complicated much of the time.  I struggle over how to keep all the plates spinning on their skinny poles…insurance and taxes, phone plans, household chores and work and maintaining relationships, and reaching beyond my family borders to friends and strangers.  I’m not too keen on some aspects of “doing business” and am more inclined to the internal things where I turn over the gem that’s in my hand at the moment and examine its facets from various angles, full of wonder about some small thing I have noticed and what truth it reflects.  I am more of a poet-of-sorts and artist, yet have a pretty strong inclination for a design, a plan, and a purpose also. It kind of explains how I sometimes drive myself a little crazy figuring out priorities and how I will respond to life.



It also explains how I have settled into this adventure of faith.  I find it extremely comforting to be in the arms of a Father who loves me, who is the most brilliant being ever and has solved a whole passel of “impossibilities” that I have witnessed first-hand.  He has astonishingly good and beautiful and purposeful plans, and has never expected me to figure it all out—though He loves it when my mind, body, heart, soul, and spirit (along with my time and resources) are given to His ideas.  He loves it when we want to dig for His secrets.  But He lets us be His kids, with the messy faces and skinned knees we often have as we curl up in His lap to hear His sound words again. 



I am in my early 60s and am thrilled with the prospects of how much there still is to discover.  I am well rooted. And I am still green in so many ways.  I love this adventure of faith and all the layers there are to find.  I don’t know much.  But He doesn’t press me to figure it out alone.  I have companions on the road, brilliant mentors, sages, daring adventurers, and sound thinkers who share with me what they have seen and gleaned along the way.  God will give me as much of the truth as I want, delving as deep as I want to go, and invites me still be the kid who can get tucked in and kissed at the end of the day.  A pretty awesome life. 



Photograph from morguefile.com by ashishkumar2287

No comments: