Monday, March 23, 2015

Come and See


“Sir, we would like to see Jesus.”  John 12:21

Oh that my heart and mind and spirit would be speaking that in every moment.  He is continually at work all around me.  Can I recognize Him in others?  Can I see where He is moving?  Can I hear the invitation to come and join in the activity of freedom-bringing, and to lay down my burdens, to believe His word, to do my part as He invites me to reconciliation of many kinds? 

If we are listening we will, like Jesus, at one moment truthfully say, “My time has not yet come,” and soon afterward, get that nudge of the Spirit’s moving that has us too, doing our own version of water jars being filled.   (see John 2:1-11) 

If I desire Him, I will seek Him.
If I seek Him I will meet Him.
If I meet Him, I can get to know Him.
As I know Him, I can increasingly hear Him.
If I follow that voice, I will most certainly see Him.  

No comments: