Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Covered More Than We Think


Yesterday a situation arose that was pressing in on me.  I felt the heaviness in an area that is really difficult for me and was not dealing with it well.  I have intentionally practiced faith and I believe that God means what He says, but was feeling the treadmarks of this thing running over me. 

God had a rather humorous gift for me when I arrived home.  Someone had left a set of sheets in our mailbox.  Certainly untypical.  The fabric was really soft.  The pattern was white background with little squares of gray and black sprinkled like confetti all over it.  The message was clear in the face of this exact day:  He covers me above and below.  He is a soft place for me to land.  He is the background of all the landscape I will ever walk.  When all the challenges of life come, He is always the wider, bigger truth.  I can rest there. 

I don’t know how this situation will resolve, but I was more than aware that God is not absent from the equation, that He is not blind to the need or to my struggle in it.  He sees and has gone before me.  He is over me as protection and under me as support.  I am safely wrapped in the security of His provision.  You are too.

No comments: