Monday, August 24, 2015

Catching the Wind


IF I have believed, the Holy Spirit of God resides in me.  AS I believe through my day, and stay attentive to even His slightest movements, I will be able to bring His presence there. 

We have this precious gift and the direction and heart and power and resources that come with it, the presence of God.  He is ready to use us to do His work and share Good News today.  It is meant to spill out into every encounter and affect all the places and situations we go.  It is not in a pre-calculated way, although preparation is important.  We get to know Him in the quiet moments we cast our eyes and ears and hearts His way.  We learn as we read His word and let it read us, responding to the tugs to our hearts as He reminds us of opportunities and dangers. 

We are meant to bring His desires and hopes and dreams to earth and He has designed it to come in the individual expressions of the shape He has made us to be…we are earthen vessels with divine assignments and joyous invitations. 

I get so fogged up with the obligations of life sometimes and the agendas that I write for my day.  Those are not bad things, but ones that also need His direction and power.  But I also want to be like a sail, able to be filled with the breath of His word and movement, going in the subtle movements He directs through the day.  My desire is to make myself available to turn myself to catch its wind, to feel the power of that invisible force and to see where He is going, what He is doing in the moments of this day.

No comments: