Monday, September 5, 2016

So Grateful

I’m so very grateful today for the gift of life, the preciousness of my parents (both gone now, so a very different feel on this birthday) and my incredible sisters who have walked through life with me longer than anyone, who’ve encouraged me in my worst moments and celebrated with me in the best.

I am thankful for my husband who blesses my life in a whole bunch of ways, for my children who are the prophesied “wildflowers” and product of my life who are growing and making productive lives of their own.  My adorable grandkids---icing on the cake!

I am thankful for friends who have criss-crossed my days as they have been about amazing things of their own.  The talents and hearts of those I have had the privilege to meet and know is stunning.  How am I so fortunate?  There is so much beauty lavished on the world and so many fascinating people going about good things while struggling through whatever challenges they face.  I have been inspired and encouraged by how you live and the hope you hold on to.

I am most thankful for the God who called my name and meant every word He said.  He guides and carries me on and sets me off to bring something of His presence to the situations I encounter.  I have been blessed with the home I have tried to make to be a place of warmth and hospitality and where the truly good opportunities of life can be considered and sought after.   What I have learned (and am still learning) is what a gift this little window of time on earth is, a beautiful place of purpose and play.  He is worth a sound “yes.”  I don’t want to miss a bit of it.

Photograph from morguefile.com by 5demayo

No comments: