Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Answer, My Friend...


I got to watch another miracle yesterday.  I can’t share most of the details, but suffice it to say that a little girl had been praying for her momma.  And God most definitely heard her.   A couple of weeks ago He began a beautiful weaving of events and words, and yesterday—I have no idea how He arranged it—the momma showed up exactly at the place and time that became a miracle moment. 

The follow-up conversation of what had built to those few minutes revealed that God had already spoken.  He had told one of those in this story two weeks ago that He most certainly had the situation in hand.  Worry wasn’t necessary, because this battle was truly already won.  How often do I really believe that for the situations that weigh on my heart and mind?  I wonder if more often I say that I think He has done it, won the battle, but pound heaven’s door, afraid that He might not answer if I don’t draw His attention to the need that is in my focus.  Yesterday was a good lesson to me.  “Rest, child,” are words we can trust. 

Sometimes we are called to be in the trenches, to persevere, but there are seasons of rest as well.  It all, again, comes down to responding to the Spirit as He moves, gently as a soft breeze, or boldly as a storm of love that will forever change some part of the landscape.  We can do either or anything in between He calls us to in peace when we know His heart, trust His character, and love His perfect timing.  In that place, we will experience the beauty as He paints it and hear the nuances of the symphony He creates as words we thought we’d never hear begin to be spoken out loud.  We can live in the mystery.   We can toss the wet clothes of our concerns into the dryer, set the temperature and timer on the machine we’ve purchased, or put them out on the line of faith, and let the fresh air of all He purchased infuse them.  There is nothing like sleeping between sheets that have been hung in the summer air.  Yesterday was like that.  The fragrance of it will linger with me for a long time.  It was the aroma of heaven.

No comments: