Friday, January 1, 2016

The Great Discovery Awaits


The awareness of blessings came today as dawn broke.   I honestly don’t know how He has done it.  I have made terrible mistakes of many kinds, been shortsighted often, missed moments for kindness that He placed right in my path, not behaved well in a repeated rhythm.   The only thing I have done of any merit is to trust Him. 

While doing that He has taken wonderful care of me.  Over coffee each morning, as we have started the day, He has shared His heart and helped me to know Him.  He has poured out help and guidance through circumstances of many kinds and provided in endless and unexpected ways.  He has gotten me to today.

On the advent of this new year, I come with a suitcase of amazing memories of His goodness, His power, His grace, and His kindness.  He hasn’t stopped challenges from coming my way because He isn’t interested in me living an insulated life.  He wants me to know—without a doubt—that He is able to get me through ANY challenge and will transform and stretch my heart and understanding as I keep receiving His presence and following His voice.  The scope of who He is widens, proving to me that He is who He says and does what He promises.  The mystery of it also grows.

He is crazy about all the things He wants to accomplish and all the good He wants to bring.  I get to participate in little pieces of it.  Part of the secret is to not get distracted by circumstances, but to keep eyes expectantly fixed on One.  I still struggle with it when life presses in, but He is remarkably patient with me.  Good.  Kind.  Powerful. 

I am looking forward to 2016 and what amazing things He will unfold as I watch for what He is doing each day, knowng He is alive and well and continuing on in all things good.

Happy New Year!  I wish you a heart that will trust as you walk through it, watching for His movement, listening for His whisper, discovering more and more the blessings He has in store for you to receive and deliver.

When we get to the end of the year that is just taking its first breath, I hope you and I will both know in deeper places of our hearts that He has been more than enough.

No comments: