Thursday, March 24, 2016

Priceless Oil


As Jesus anticipated what was to come as the intensity was increasing and His crucifixion was nearing, He went to the Garden of Gethsemane to pray.  As a human, I have envisioned Him struggling with the physical pain He was about to suffer.  But Jesus, seeing as clearly as He did, had to also have been able to understand the weight of our sin that He was about to bear alone.  He knew the amount of brokenness and separation and pain that our actions cause.  Sometimes we wonder if we can handle just the small circle of pain that ours and those near us has caused, yet somehow He really took on the tragedy of it that we each, and all have suffered, and bore it alone.  I know I can barely grasp what that means, but I am absolutely certain that it has brought a freedom of which we have barely skimmed the surface in believing. 

I am so very grateful that He was willing to live in a way that the Father’s greatest plans could unfold through His trust in the Father and His obedience for what could be birthed as He walked out that trust.  He was willing to go through deep pain for a greater good.  Thank you, sweet Savior, for your willingness to take my sin and save my life.  I am so in love with you for your passionate Yes to the Father.

This Mount of Olives was a place known for the preparation of the best produce that was to be had…being crushed…so that its oil could be poured out.  You, Jesus, were its supreme offering, proving that there is a crushing possible that when offered doesn't just leave us with brokenness.  

No comments: