Friday, March 18, 2016

The Leap


There is no way to receive the blessings of God that He says comes with following Him if I am distracted by other pursuits.  It isn’t that He chooses to scold or punish me, but that I have cheated myself of a better thing He has available. 

My life is meant to be the grand engagement with the Lover of my soul.  It is the relationship with the God who has chosen me (and each of us) to commune with, to be known by, to be the recipients of His care and provision. We don’t earn it, but we certainly benefit by all the responsiveness of our hearts and of the alignment of our lives into the way He has designed for this beautiful existence to work.  And He wants life for us in abundance—full of the best that He has prepared.

I am fascinated by the consideration of what that means and what we have the opportunity to see and experience, what purposes our lives can be a part of in His story, and what joy we may be able to give the One who rescued us and continues to restore us as we dare to trust Him, to walk with Him, and to respond to His call.  He is good.  He is amazingly good.  We will never get to the heights and depths and breadth of Him, but when we leap we can discover the deeper things of who He is than when we skim the surface or stay on the shore of trust.  We have to actually enter the waters to discover the reality of His character and love.    

No comments: