Monday, April 18, 2016

Breathe On

It has been a difficult few weeks.  My momma had pneumonia, became dehydrated, spent several days in the hospital and is now rehabbing.  This weekend we celebrated her 90th birthday, but her energy is low and she is weary.  In addition, our son and his lovely fiancee will be married in three weeks and there are preparations to be made as the day approaches.  I am acutely aware of the seasons of life right now, the changes we experience, the beginnings and the winding downs.  It feels raw.  It is hard.  It is good.  It is woven with hope.  It is uncomfortable.  And it is peaceful too.  


I have felt the sweet call of God to trust Him in this time, to be confident in His care and provision, to find Him in new ways, in deeper places.  He keeps giving me a smile, one side of His mouth pulling up in His awareness of my limited perspective and His ability to oversee it all.  I feel a gentle coax to keep trusting, for He has provision and paths ready for me.


I am grateful once again for His faithfulness, His surprises, for the things I have watched in those who have taken Him at His word, who have believed He means what He says and does what He promises.  The lives of those who have sown seeds of trust give off the fragrance of the bouquet their faith has bloomed.  I have breathed in the aroma.  I have been reminded of His goodness.  I have heard your stories and filled dozens of journals with the evidence of His potency in my own life.  I feel His tenderness.  

If you wonder if He is real, if you have walked in the waters of faith and left if for what felt like more solid ground that you notice has become dusty with dried out promises that didn’t live up to the hype, be assured that He is still available and there are treasures of wisdom and peace awaiting you.  He is good.  He is alive.  He is more than enough for all our realities.

No comments: