Thursday, July 21, 2016

Pressing Through

On Saturday morning I woke up with some neck and shoulder pain.  Slept wrong apparently.  Laurie and I holed up at mom’s, working until late in the night, slept a few hours and sorted again until early afternoon.  Then home to prepare Cade’s belated birthday dinner (John had gotten the main things started for me and the girls were there to give me a hand to get it all ready.  Jenna washed up everything afterward when I headed to bed.)

Monday and Tuesday mornings included visits to the doctor for relief, and when I called again Wednesday morning and we tried again for progress, it was determined that home in bed, rest, heat, and stretching would be the best route.  But I was a little discouraged, not sure what is going on or how to address it.

Early afternoon I got a text from Mrs. Alex…”How are things at the office today?”  She rarely texts me during the work day.  I texted back to let her know what was going on and she immediately responded, asking what if I had had lunch.  Shortly after she arrived with a delicious sandwich, salad, and coffee.  It was such a blessing...a provision...and encouragement.  A clear message from God in this unexpected timing...“I’ve got you.”  I don’t know what is ahead...just letting the muscles loosen up or something far more time-changing.  But either way, I know it will be ok.  (Prayers appreciated as I press on.)

Photograph from morguefile.com

No comments: