Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Simpler Than We Thought

One reason I love the early morning is that before the activity of the day begins, the birds are awake.  There is no other noise going on to overpower their songs.  They remind me regularly of the gift of trust that can be our reality because of the power of God’s faithfulness if we believe He is who He says.  

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?”  Matthew 6:25-27

Being good stewards of our resources is important.  I am just reminded that I don’t have to be stressed about the provision of the basics of my life or fearful for my future.  So many decisions are driven by an underlining of fear, but there is more peace available for us than most of us are willing to posture for.  We have to be in the vulnerable stance of trust to gain it, and walk it out to keep it.  Am I willing to believe He is good and delightedly working for my well-being?

Photograph from morguefile.com by AcrylicArtist

No comments: