Monday, January 12, 2015

Finding the Well


He is Father God who is infinite and beyond me, whose heights and depths I do not grasp, but who invites me to continually reach for all the fresh and powerful elements that are waiting for discovery.  He is Son of God who is alongside me, ever present, walking with and guiding, a companion for every part of my life, whose way I can seek when I do not yet see, whose presence I can feel even when I do not understand.  He is Spirit God who is dwelling inside me, giving whispers and nudges that I can learn to increasingly notice.  It seems this triune One has me well covered. 

“Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in the depths, You are there.  If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.”  Ps 139 8-9

I instinctively prefer a God who would meet me by tucking my comfy blankets in around me and checking for monsters under my bed and giving me a warm kiss on the forehead and a pat on the shoulder, assuring me that all is well.  He instead continues to invite me to come to the wilderness and while in the adventure with Him to discover that I don’t have to be afraid, and to learn in that journey that all is truly well.

No comments: