Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Getting to Know You

Maybe God stays somewhat hidden so that as we relate to Him, it will be a mutual choice and gift to reveal ourselves to one another.  

Intimacy happens that way as trust and care grow, as we believe we are safe, as we are spurred to be better selves, as we recognize junk and desire to let it go, and as we dare to speak our dreams and hope for their tender seedlings to eventually come to fruition.  The company of a friend is a beautiful place and one that invites both the comfort of understanding, the amusement of irony, and the kick in the pants we sometimes need.   

For all His brilliant holiness, He patiently works with my fearful heart and coaxes me to come closer and have tea and paint and play.  In my life He isn’t just about the work of bringing forth a truer version of me; He seems to also want me to discover that there are times (lots of them) when all we need to do is dance and laugh.  


No comments: