Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Overloaded


The last several weeks have brought challenges of many kinds and much of life doesn’t feel easy right now.  Questions hang there unsettled.  Pressures are weighing in.  My list of things to do is long and weighty.  Big events are ahead and so are numerous transitions.  And it just feels like many of the pieces are askew and not fitting together rightly. 

But I have a Good Shepherd who is patient and ready to help me.  He longs for me to pause regularly and listen for His voice and to trust when I can’t see too far ahead. I pray and listen and try to move as I feel the Spirit is directing.  I believe He is who He said He is and will do what He said He will do.  And so I lean in to wait for Him to unfold it.  He has proven Himself faithful to come through in dark days and to meet me where there was no indication of a door.  He has done what seemed impossible on a long list of occasions.  But as we were getting there the days weren’t always easy or bright. 

This morning I remember that the tomb of Easter morning is still empty.  He is still alive and at work in the world and in our lives.  He calls my name as He calls yours.  He loves us and is ready to help us as we move forward toward more understanding, more restoration, more wholeness.  He knows we get distracted and sidetracked and stubborn.  He knows we are mules.  And He invites us still to come close and feel the comfort and reassurance that He has for us.   He is plenty big for whatever our life needs right now. 

He is God.  He is happily God.  He never expected me to be or to carry alone all that weighs on us. 

“God is my strong refuge, He makes my way perfect.”  2 Samuel 22:33  (I suggest you read the whole chapter if you need reassured today.)

No comments: