Thursday, April 9, 2015

So Close


Lord, what you say is true.  Who you are is real.  What you plan will unfold. 

If you need proof, consider that when we had the opportunity to walk away and only later realized how we’d shot ourselves in the foot, His plan wasn’t to abandon us, but to offer us the invitation that He would live inside us, closer than ever.  In our brokenness, He knew that we needed His presence that close, His influence to be that continual, His love that permeating.  We needed to be infused with His life.  And He hung that invitation on the cross and delivered it and us through the empty tomb.

“In the secret, in the quiet place, in the stillness You are there.  In the secret, in the quiet hour I wait, only for You, ‘cause I want to know You more.  I want to know You.  I want to hear Your voice.  I want to know You more.  I want to touch You, I want to see Your face.  I want to know you more.” 

Lyrics by Chris Tomlin, “In the Secret”.

No comments: