Friday, June 19, 2015

Let's Get This Party Started


The first step to success is in deciding what you are going to embrace.  How do you want to live? The choice is totally yours, and though you might have suffered damage at points in your life, you still have a will and a God who is at the ready, and more than able,  to guide you forward.  No one can force you into anything and no one can make the choice for you, but courage IS yours, it is there for the taking and, just like other good things, increases as you practice it. 

We get tricked into thinking that the battle is going to be a long haul on a difficult road, but that is, in a sense, a lie.  The victory comes when you decide to enter the battle.  The enemy tries to convince you that you are at the front door of an endless fight, but we know he doesn’t have a good track record for telling the truth. 

Once you set your mind to pick up your sword, the battle has been won.  Yes, you will continue to have choices to make along the way, and you will need to persevere, but the victory is in hand once you choose.  The rest is the unfolding of it as we then keep our eyes set on our King and stay in step as He leads. 

I am stunned every day that I get to have endless access to the God of the universe. I can get His wisdom. I can see miracles happen.  I am the recipient of His care and His provision.  I get to participate in His goodness coming to earth and redeeming territory in hearts, and lives, and relationships.

I can watch His faithfulness be unfurled in the things I pray about and find firm footing as I follow His instructions.  It is a crazy good opportunity, and as I keep walking it out, I can feel the transformation that has occurred inside of me.  I have a lot more to learn, but I get the privilege of choosing how I will invest my life.  He gives seed that I can hold onto tightly because I am afraid to enter in to the events as they come, or can keep in a sack full of seed in the corner, storing it up for some “better” day and totally miss the chance to see what could have grown on what looked to be unlikely soil, or that I can sow generously into the moments as I come to them and not worry about His goodness running out. 

The best part is that our mistakes, though we may need recovery time and healing, do NOT keep us from the invitation.  At ANY point in life, it is a matter of a decision.  What do we want?  Are we ready to be all in?  Today He is hungry to hear your “yes” and to get things rolling for all the good His heart is bursting to bring.

No comments: