Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Love, Purpose, and Beauty


The rhythm of the Holy Spirit is perfect.  He never missteps.  He is the ultimate Fred Astaire on God’s dance floor. 

I, as a partner, am learning.  I trip once in a while.  I forget some of the basic steps periodically.  My timing is sometimes off.  But all of it works better in my Ginger Rogers role if I both practice my steps and let my Partner lead. 

The Holy Spirit is directive enough if I am but willing to be led and to move with Him in the grand spins and leaps, if I will respond to the slight nuances that make this a thing of beauty, and if I decide this dance is something of wonder and will loosen myself up to the enjoyment of the experience.  It takes trusting Him, but He is so amazing it is increasingly difficult not to.  I am hungry for what He will do and what I will get to see as the music of today begins to play.  It is the way to find love, purpose, and beauty all at once.

No comments: