Thursday, February 25, 2016

Begin Unwrapping


“I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ.  They only heard the report:  ‘The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.’” 

Paul was as determined and passionate and intent as they come, and his understanding was, in a single moment, totally turned upside down when Jesus spoke to him on the road one day as he was going about his business.  It got me to thinking about how I sometimes try to understand and put the pieces place, then move in them.  But often I can’t see that clearly or that far ahead.  Sometimes I just need my outer layer to be soft, trusting His promises, receiving those instead of wrapping myself up in some layer of protection until it makes sense.  God is at work.  If I rest in that truth, expecting Him to be doing yet unseen good, I am much more likely to be a participant of whatever He is doing in the places I am.  I will breathe in the unknown confidently instead of twisted into the tiny knots of apprehension.  It seems freeing this morning to realize all I don’t have to know if I know Him.

No comments: