Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Miracle of "Yes"


The day I became a Christian had nothing to do with any moral merit or theological soundness on my part.  It was simply the day I began a journey of accepting the help of a Savior, the forgiveness of a King, of willingness to be led by a Shepherd, of being honest about myself with the Ear who hears and the Eye who sees most clearly and the Heart who loves most dearly, of being shaped by the most tender and brilliant of Artists who has both water in His hands and fire in His heart. 

It was the day I began to believe He was both God and good, and to, piece by piece, trust Him with more of me…heart, time, direction, possessions.  He takes the smelly fish and dry bread crusts of our lives and does stuff with it that has kingdom scent and size and nourishment and value, and distributes us out and feeds others.  It is a miracle we can experience every day.  Usually it will look at the beginning like the most simple of actions.  Keep entering the humble doors that He has gone through before you and nods your way to go there with Him.  


No comments: