Friday, February 19, 2016

It Started

I tend to look at problems as the thick thing I have to persevere through to get to light, rather than remembering that the light (and all that has been won for us already) is the biggest, widest, deepest, most powerful, prevalent, wildest, and wonderful reality, and that any problem I have is but dust compared to it.   I am in the PRESENCE of GOD, for Heaven’s sake, not still having to make a way to get to Him.  He did that part by conquering my sin (ALL. OF. IT.) on the cross, causing the veil between us to rip in two, and opening a clear path to Himself.   But this path is one I don’t have to span either, because He has run on it (like the prodigal’s extravagant Father, as I was reminded this week) to meet me, smile and bear hug me, and celebrate all the way home, pointing out all the cool stuff going on around us and gathering in increasing crowd as we walk.  We don’t have to earn anything, but instead realize that we are already part of the family because He wants us there for all the best stuff.  Each day is the chance to spend walking with Him to get to the culmination of the biggest party ever (which has already started, music playing, cooks laughing as pots and utensils clang in preparation) and to see how much of its invitation, aroma, confetti and hors d’oeuvres we can share along the way.  Not a bad way to spend a life.  

No comments: