Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The Story Before You


I don’t want to represent a God who I have processed through my own understanding until He is some kind of over-cooked pablum. 

I want to know the voice of God well enough to trust Him when He says “Come to Me” or "Go there" no matter if I can comprehend what He is doing or not. 

If my heart is open to participating in greater works, then He will lead me into things I have not seen yet, not tasted before, things I have not experienced that He is ready, willing, and able to do.  And I will get the joy of discovering the power of His ideas and the result of changed lives as they unfold.  That is clearly going to take faith to walk into new situations and will bust through any hopes I have to maintain some kind of comfort level.  (Apparently that is why He had the great and compassionate idea to send us the Comforter.)  Otherwise, I’ve only matured to the point of what MY understanding is of His desires, that fits MY boundaries of His vision, and which clearly cuts Him off from being the Lord who has the freedom to do all that He desires. 

It’s only going to taste and smell like God if I give Him room to be a lot bigger than me, and those moments will feel like risks.  That is the pilgrimage we are on, the adventure we are invited into. 

When it comes to the end of your days, where will you have wished you’d let your feet go in faith?

No comments: